ASA Sierra Leone has branches in 10 regions (Lumley, Congo Town, Waterloo, Port-Loko, Kenema, Bo, Kono, Makeni, Mountain Cut and Jui) with the largest number of branches in Bo. ASA Sierra Leone is indirectly wholly owned by ASA International Plc.
Country Overview as of January 3, 2018 (UN estimates):
- Total Population: 7,639,153
- Area: 72,180 SKM (27,869 square miles)
- Density: 105 per square kilometres.
- Around 40% of population is urban live in Freetown, Bo, Makeni, Kenema and in some other small towns.
- Average life expectancy is 51.41 years (Male: 50.86, female: 51.99-2015,
- Population below poverty line: 70.2% (scale: 1.90 USD/day)
- Mobile Banking: BSL has not yet given permission to any MFI for mobile banking.